Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't play YouTube my movies and shows on my iPad

On my ipad I can play YouTube videos. But I can't play YouTube my movies and shows. The message says my browser can't play this video.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 11:58 AM

You have an iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5.

That iPad now has outdated technology and an outdated iOS that cannot be updated further. This is the prime reason why you cannot download and install most of the apps from the App Store. This is also the reason that some of the videos do not play with Safari which is also outdated. Unfortunately, there is no other resolution to your issue except to purchase a recent model iPad.

Axel F.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2023 11:58 AM in response to rbackco

You have an iPad 2 with iOS 9.3.5.

That iPad now has outdated technology and an outdated iOS that cannot be updated further. This is the prime reason why you cannot download and install most of the apps from the App Store. This is also the reason that some of the videos do not play with Safari which is also outdated. Unfortunately, there is no other resolution to your issue except to purchase a recent model iPad.

Axel F.

Mar 24, 2023 12:27 AM in response to rbackco

It appears that you may not have enough free available space on your iPad. This is the prime reason why videos won’t play if they have to be downloaded first. You are also unable to download apps from the App Store and I therefore suspect that the issue is space. Let’s double check the available space:

Open Settings ➡️ General ➡️ About ➡️ Available: How much free space is available as shown here?

Axel F.

I can't play YouTube my movies and shows on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.