Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini Early 2009

I have a rather old Mac Mini Early 2009 that I use as a home server, but the other day it would not work properly and would not show anything on the monitor. I could not get it to work, so I tried reinstalling El Capitan. All good, but the max resolution I can now get out of it is 1600x1200, before I was using 1920x1080 with no problems.

So the question is, how can I get this resolution back, it is not even on offer to be selected in the VGA display settings. I tried with SwitchRes but it would not work either.

Could this be a driver issue or is it just hardware and the GPU is no longer working properly ?

Any ideas or recommendations to help solve this are very welcome.

Thanks

Manolo

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 5:08 PM

Go to the Samsung Menu and see if changing the Picture Size or PC/AV Mode helps.

If not,

1. try resetting the Mac Mini’s NVRAM.
  2. try disconnecting and reconnecting the adapter and cable.
  3. try a different adapter and cable.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 22, 2021 4:43 PM in response to den.thed

Hi, thanks !!!! the 1920x1080 resolution came up and I was able to select it, but it has black areas on the sides, which were not there before, and I just noticed that the computer is detecting the display as a Generic VGA display that is 13.9 inches, when the display I am using is a 24 inch Samsung that was recognized as such before. How can I fix this ?

I am using the same cables etc as before.

Thanks

Manolo

Mac Mini Early 2009

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.