Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone is not allowing me to set up Express public transit pay

I’m in NYC. I’m trying to set up express Apple Pay for public transit and it’s just not allowing me and simply ignores my selection and defaults to “none” under the settings.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 5:53 AM

Hello Jigglypuff_Of_Doom,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't set up Express Transit with Apple Pay.

If you can't select the Express Transit option and it defaults back to none, try to remove the card and add it back again:

Use Express Transit with Apple Pay Under section, 'Remove your Express Transit card' and then add it back to test it out.

Use section, 'Pay for your ride with Express Transit' for the transition itself.

Should it persist, do you have any other issues using Apple Pay?

Have you considered updating to iOS 15, as suggested in the resource above to see if that helps out? (Don't forget to backup first!)

Hoping to hear back, cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 5:53 AM in response to Jigglypuff_Of_Doom

Hello Jigglypuff_Of_Doom,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Based on your post, you can't set up Express Transit with Apple Pay.

If you can't select the Express Transit option and it defaults back to none, try to remove the card and add it back again:

Use Express Transit with Apple Pay Under section, 'Remove your Express Transit card' and then add it back to test it out.

Use section, 'Pay for your ride with Express Transit' for the transition itself.

Should it persist, do you have any other issues using Apple Pay?

Have you considered updating to iOS 15, as suggested in the resource above to see if that helps out? (Don't forget to backup first!)

Hoping to hear back, cheers!

iPhone is not allowing me to set up Express public transit pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.