Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spotify auto-start in the background, iOS 15

I just updated my iPhone to iOS 15 and every time I run Spotify on my desktop PC the phone just start the Spotify app itself in the background with no active task when I reach for the App switcher.

It just shows up on the lock screen without me actually opening the Spotify app myself, this sucks because the volume on the iPhone is synced with the volume on the PC so when I tried to watch a video on my phone I had to close the Spotify or otherwise I'll be listening with an uncomfortable full blast volume on my phone.

So now I have to manually open the app on the phone JUST to close it, I don't know if this happened caused by the Spotify app (they haven't made an update yet for iOS 15 at the time this was posted) or the iOS update itself but it didn't happen before the iOS 15 update. Oh, right this also happened to my 6s as well which still supports the long-term update so I think this applies to all iPhones newer than 6s with iOS 15 installed.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 10:01 PM

Okay so update on the thing after 4 days, the bug was gone as if it's only a one-time bug. I restarted the phone once a day and it seems that it solved the case, no updates from Spotify from the play store whatsoever. So that's it.

Similar questions

2 replies

Spotify auto-start in the background, iOS 15

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.