Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If my SIM card got stolen and I got a new one with same number, can they still access my iPhone?

If someone stole my SIM card, and I went an got a new one but same number sim card, can they access a phone just like it was mine?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:00 AM

They would need your 6-digit passcode to access your phone.

Simply being in physical possession of the device does not give them access to it. (assuming the passcode is truly secure)

IF your passcode is not secure, then yes, they could change your AppleID password.

(Hint: You might consider setting a longer passcode on your “next” / replacement iPhone. Entering a few more numeric digits is trivial and significantly “ups” your security)

However, if you’ve marked your phone as “lost” using FindMy; they wont be able to do anything.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 3:00 AM in response to Ryanmoeller

They would need your 6-digit passcode to access your phone.

Simply being in physical possession of the device does not give them access to it. (assuming the passcode is truly secure)

IF your passcode is not secure, then yes, they could change your AppleID password.

(Hint: You might consider setting a longer passcode on your “next” / replacement iPhone. Entering a few more numeric digits is trivial and significantly “ups” your security)

However, if you’ve marked your phone as “lost” using FindMy; they wont be able to do anything.

If my SIM card got stolen and I got a new one with same number, can they still access my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.