Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change default size culumns finder

Hi,

I find the default width of the finder culumns too narrow, its very annoying to manually adapt them each time I want to enlarge them in order to see the complete name of my folders !

Is there any way to change the default value ? Like maybe with a Terminal command ?

Thanks everyone

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:04 PM

Right-click on the vertical bar while in column view mode.

You can also hold the Option key while dragging the vertical column split bar and all the columns will be equally adjusted at the same time. Option and double-clicking the vertical column split bar should resize all the columns individually to each columns best fit width.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 12:04 PM in response to manilben

Right-click on the vertical bar while in column view mode.

You can also hold the Option key while dragging the vertical column split bar and all the columns will be equally adjusted at the same time. Option and double-clicking the vertical column split bar should resize all the columns individually to each columns best fit width.

Change default size culumns finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.