Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Quick Note work on iPad Air 2?

I recently updated my iPad Air 2 to iPadOS 15. I tried to test Quick Note by swiping from the bottom-right corner of my screen, but it took me to homepage. Does this feature even work on my iPad?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 5:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2021 6:58 AM

Unfortunately the quick note feature doesn’t work on iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 4-

I had the same problem so I searched it up and that’s what I got according to https://www.iphonetricks.org/how-to-fix-quick-notes-not-working-on-ipad/

not sure if the source is wrong or not but that is what I got, hope it’s helpful…

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 17, 2021 6:58 AM in response to ShadeZinc46

Unfortunately the quick note feature doesn’t work on iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 4-

I had the same problem so I searched it up and that’s what I got according to https://www.iphonetricks.org/how-to-fix-quick-notes-not-working-on-ipad/

not sure if the source is wrong or not but that is what I got, hope it’s helpful…

Oct 17, 2021 8:19 AM in response to ShadeZinc46

I just had another look at the Apple Website under iPadOS 15 section and it appears that, in a footnote, the Quick Note feature, will ONLY work with devices with an A9 CPU or greater.

The iPad Air 2 and Mini 4 only have A8 CPUs

I wonder why Appls left the Quick Note Control Centre toggle in the OS for these models? Maybe THAT IS THE mistake/bug

Here are some screenshots just to confirm.

Sep 23, 2021 3:10 PM in response to ShadeZinc46

After any iOS/iPadOS upgrade/update, you should ALWAYS perform a simple hard reset of your Apple mobile device.

For older iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

Best of Luck to You!

Oct 17, 2021 7:55 AM in response to WhiteFøx508

Apple has not posted anything in the release notes or in the feature set of iPadOS 15, that Quick Note is NOT available to the iPad Air 2 or iPad Mini 4.

And Apple have NOT officially mentioned this as a feature that would be missing from any older model iPads.

Apple did make known the text recognition feature in photos/images is not available to older iPad models, but NO “official” mention of the Quick Notes feature not being made available to the iPad Air 2 or Mini 4.

So, I am not sure how reliable that source is.

If the Control Centre toggle button exists in iPadOS 15 on the iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4, then Apple must have intended this to work on these devices.

There just maybe some bug or issue that needs to be worked out.

Does Quick Note work on iPad Air 2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.