Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My safari is getting frozen suddenly.

I recently updated my MacBook Air (13 Inch, 2017) with MacOS Version 11.6. Since the update my laptop is getting frozen suddenly for around 5-10 seconds and then it becomes normal. It happens to me once in a while but its annoying.

Is anyone else facing similar issue ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:16 AM

Hi Amogh26, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that your device started freezing for 5-10 seconds after updating to macOS 11.6.

Does it seem like the issue happens on certain apps?

If yes, the article below may help.

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

We recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account.

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Amogh26

Hi Amogh26, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that your device started freezing for 5-10 seconds after updating to macOS 11.6.

Does it seem like the issue happens on certain apps?

If yes, the article below may help.

If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

We recommend that you check if the issue persists while on safe mode. Below is an article to help guide you through the process.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Also, we recommend that you check if the issue persists when signed in on a different user account.

The article below can help if you do not have any other user account to test with.

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Take care!

My safari is getting frozen suddenly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.