Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm unable to use Text Message Forwarding on my iphone

how can I add my Mac as a destination to forward text messages from my iphone?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:07 AM

Hi teency, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to forward your text messages from your iPhone to your Mac.

It looks like you came from the article below. Have you had the chance to try all the steps in that article?

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

If you can't add your Mac on the list of devices that can send and receive text messages from your iPhone, we recommend that you check if your devices meet the system requirements for Continuity.

System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 10:07 AM in response to teency

Hi teency, We appreciate you reaching out to us. We understand that you are looking to forward your text messages from your iPhone to your Mac.

It looks like you came from the article below. Have you had the chance to try all the steps in that article?

How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

If you can't add your Mac on the list of devices that can send and receive text messages from your iPhone, we recommend that you check if your devices meet the system requirements for Continuity.

System requirements for Continuity on Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch

Take care!

I'm unable to use Text Message Forwarding on my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.