Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari unable to update

I currently have safari version 13.1.2 on my MacBook Air and I'm unable to update it to the current version. Due to this I can't access many websites and have to use google chrome. How do I update it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:25 AM

Hello. It sounds like you have an older MacBook Air that is unable to upgrade beyond macOS 10.13. Assuming this is the case, you will not be able to upgrade Safari on this computer as no further Safari updates are available for macOS 10.13. Your best bet for continuing to browse the web safely is to use an alternate browser such as Google Chrome (as you mentioned). If you want to upgrade beyond macOS 10.13 and upgrade Safari, you will need to upgrade to a newer Mac.

A list of computers that can run the latest version of macOS, Big Sur, is available here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 8:25 AM in response to SMidbon

Hello. It sounds like you have an older MacBook Air that is unable to upgrade beyond macOS 10.13. Assuming this is the case, you will not be able to upgrade Safari on this computer as no further Safari updates are available for macOS 10.13. Your best bet for continuing to browse the web safely is to use an alternate browser such as Google Chrome (as you mentioned). If you want to upgrade beyond macOS 10.13 and upgrade Safari, you will need to upgrade to a newer Mac.

A list of computers that can run the latest version of macOS, Big Sur, is available here.

Safari unable to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.