Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder hover play button is missing

Hi to everyone! Something happens a day ago (maybe some of apps updates, but the fact is fact) the Play button which appears when locate cursor on video file appears is missing now.

I do test it on several users running on machine, but no access to quick play video (only) from finder.

So something is wrong in quick look option or finder config. Actually I do have a timeMachine backup, but I wont use it as it was made a month ago. So anyway I can easy restore one or more system files, but I need to know what to restore!?

Thank!

should be:

now:

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 9:27 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 24, 2021 12:18 PM in response to eduardgeorg

Hello eduardgeorg,

Thanks for asking about the play option in Finder. We're happy to check this out with you.

Are you in Gallery View?

Are your icons large enough? Try adjusting the size: Get to know the Finder on your Mac Apple Support

• "When you view files in a gallery, you can browse your files visually using large previews, so it's easy to identify images, videos, and all kinds of documents. "

• "Gallery View even lets you play videos and scroll through multipage documents. Earlier versions of macOS have a similar but less powerful gallery view called Cover Flow ."

Use this to adjust the icon size: Make it easier to see what’s on the screen of your Mac - Apple Support

Thanks.

Sep 26, 2021 12:51 PM in response to eduardgeorg

Finally solve issue.

It was GoogleDrive update. I have to make full delete of all scripts, extensions which google installer created and all bugs of finder disappeared.

Planing to switch to another cloud storage, as BackUp and Sync was the best, but new GoogleDrive destroyed finders at two MacBooks, MacPro... make fully unusable my windows tablet...

Thanks everyone for help!

maybe if will have a free time, will try to delete those dependency at googledrive app to make it stable

Sep 25, 2021 11:29 PM in response to Eric--F

Hello!

I did testing on other user I do have, also at Safe mode of two users. So decently something in System or Library folder is damaged. I tried replace the finder from time machine backup but that not solve a problem. So possibly that is because of some program that integrates menus to dropdown menu or additional icons on files like DropBox or GoogleDrive do... Anyway I they are created a lot of files inside of library folder.

If finder have some preferences, they could be cleaned for finder restart?

Finder hover play button is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.