Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon LBP 2900 printer's driver installation

how can I install Canon LBP 2900 printer's driver in my macOS Big Sur version 11.3.1?

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 11:10 AM

Hi,

According to Canon's support site (https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/laser/i-sensys_lbp2900.html?type=drivers), LBP2900 printer drivers are available for Windows and Linux.

Results from Search - Apple Community indicate that workarounds may be possible, but some seem to involve applying a patch. However, be careful. Generally speaking, it is not wise to get files from unknown sites. Always download from a trustworthy source, such as Apple or the printer manufacturer.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 11:10 AM in response to hopewindev1

Hi,

According to Canon's support site (https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/printers/laser/i-sensys_lbp2900.html?type=drivers), LBP2900 printer drivers are available for Windows and Linux.

Results from Search - Apple Community indicate that workarounds may be possible, but some seem to involve applying a patch. However, be careful. Generally speaking, it is not wise to get files from unknown sites. Always download from a trustworthy source, such as Apple or the printer manufacturer.

Sep 25, 2021 11:58 AM in response to hopewindev1

As indicated earlier, I do not recommend downloading files from unknown sources. So, sorry, cannot help you here.

If necessary, since CAPT drivers for Linux are available from Canon, you could perhaps carry out an experiment with an old (spare) PC running an earlier version of the free Ubuntu operating system. The idea would be to connect the local USB printer to the PC, and then share this printer on a network. Ubuntu uses CUPS and understands Bonjour. Sharing a printer in Ubuntu will just require a few changed settings in the CUPS (web) interface. A Mac connected to the network ought to be able to see and use the shared printer.

Canon LBP 2900 printer's driver installation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.