Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon Printer Driver for MacBook Pro 15''

Hi, I have an older printer Canon IP6700D that I cannot find a driver to work on my MacBook Pro 15" 2019 running system macOS Monterey 12.2 hoping someone can help please :-)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2022 10:15 PM

PixelChick13 Said:

"Canon Printer Driver for MacBook Pro 15''" Hi, I have an older printer Canon IP6700D that I cannot find a driver to work on my MacBook Pro 15" 2019 running system macOS Monterey 12.2 hoping someone can help please :-"

-------

Troubleshooting Printers with Mac:

A. AirPrint:

You need to use an Airprint-compatable printer. See if your model is shown here: About AirPrint - Apple Support. If incapable, if you wanted to, you could purchase Virtual Machine (VM Software). It may be much less that getting a new printer).

B. Run this Through a Virtual Machine:

If there ends up being not solution for Mac, consider using a Virtual Machine (VM) for this printer (Windows-in-a-window). You would open items in it, and print right off of that. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VM. Virtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMware Support.

Important:

C. Where to Get the Drivers: You must get the drivers from the manufacturer, and none other. This is because, getting it elsewhere, you may end up installing junk files.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2022 10:15 PM in response to PixelChick13

PixelChick13 Said:

"Canon Printer Driver for MacBook Pro 15''" Hi, I have an older printer Canon IP6700D that I cannot find a driver to work on my MacBook Pro 15" 2019 running system macOS Monterey 12.2 hoping someone can help please :-"

-------

Troubleshooting Printers with Mac:

A. AirPrint:

You need to use an Airprint-compatable printer. See if your model is shown here: About AirPrint - Apple Support. If incapable, if you wanted to, you could purchase Virtual Machine (VM Software). It may be much less that getting a new printer).

B. Run this Through a Virtual Machine:

If there ends up being not solution for Mac, consider using a Virtual Machine (VM) for this printer (Windows-in-a-window). You would open items in it, and print right off of that. All would be accessed and would operate as desired on the VM. Virtual Machine applications include VMWare Fusion and ParallelsLearn more here: What Is a Virtual Machine? - VMware Support.

Important:

C. Where to Get the Drivers: You must get the drivers from the manufacturer, and none other. This is because, getting it elsewhere, you may end up installing junk files.

Canon Printer Driver for MacBook Pro 15''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.