Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

listening music during a workout using my apple watch

I installed Watch OS 8.0 and now when I start a work out and I swipe right on my apple watch (serie 5) I see the tab music but no music is playing. If I start music on my iphone I can hear music and manage my music using the music app, but I cannot use it anymore with my workout app.

I am not an Apple Music subscriber, and I didn't have any music on my apple watch, only on my I phone (X).

It was working fine with Watch OS 7.x but no more with Watch OS8.0

did any of you have the same issue? Is this a know issue? any tip or workaround?

thanks

Alex

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 1:17 PM

Hi Mario49,

thank you for the reply. You don't need to download music on your Watch if you have your iPhone linked by Bluetooth with the watch.

I called Apple Care Support, and the issue was that the "Playing Now" app on my watch was open during the update of my Watch from Watch Os 7.x to 8.0 and it created a bug. Just closing all open apps on my watch and starting a Workout again solved the issue and I am now able again to start a Workout on my watch and manage the music I want to listen on my iPhone driven by my watch.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 1:17 PM in response to mario49

Hi Mario49,

thank you for the reply. You don't need to download music on your Watch if you have your iPhone linked by Bluetooth with the watch.

I called Apple Care Support, and the issue was that the "Playing Now" app on my watch was open during the update of my Watch from Watch Os 7.x to 8.0 and it created a bug. Just closing all open apps on my watch and starting a Workout again solved the issue and I am now able again to start a Workout on my watch and manage the music I want to listen on my iPhone driven by my watch.

listening music during a workout using my apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.