Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there another way to charge my airpods pro? I don't have a wireless charger or a usb-c port.

I recieved a usb-c with my new airpods pro but I don't have anything to connect it to to charge them. Is there another Apple-approved way of chraging them that won't hurt them or void the warranty? I don't have a wireless charger. Is it possible that it's correct to plug it into my old usb charger?

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:28 PM

4 replies

Sep 23, 2021 4:24 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks. I found out from a parallel source that this is right.

But there's a serious problem, maybe you can help me:

I'm tech savvy as any regular joe, and it took me over a day and a half to fin this info: reading, websearches, phone calls, videos, trying to contact Apple in various ways, this info is well hidden, unless of course you are familiar with where and how Apple stores it information about such things. So here's my question: Why did this have to be soooo difficult? Why can Apple not make it easy for soemone from outside the 'system' to find out things like: awhat are my charging options? Why do I have to be an Apple insider to know how to get my questions answered? And does Apple share my concern over this? And Is Apple willing to look at the problem of lack of searchability? Is that a word? Even tech support couldn't find the answer, the simple simple answer to such a basic question. I'm so mad, I wasted a day and a half searching for the answer, no one could answer it, I was fuming that it was not in the instructions. So easy to avoid this kind of problem. Just spell it out in a set of instructions. Maybe not the quick-start type of instructions, but it should be in a more comprehensive set somewhere. On paper? Show a link right on the paper instructions? Is Apple willing to look at this serious problem that has to be driving people away from their products? I seriously want to know if Apple is interested and/or willing to show me their interest in resolving this. Rhetorical, i guess, at this point, but wow! How frustrating. Can anybody answer this for me? What is your experience with this sort of thing?

Sep 23, 2021 5:00 PM in response to jimmypreece

What a mess! And there are so many layers of what is wrong with how Apple handled this. One that shocked me was that when the Apple support provided an answer, when it was at the tips of my fingers, when the chat support person shared the link, they said goodbye, and POOF, the link disappeared with the chat records. But wait! I had the presence of mind earlier to photograph the screen, so I went back to my photos, then I could find the link. Can you imagine? After hours and hours of searching, and there is was in writing, I was almost there, and then wham, the door gets shut again. In the end of my inquiry, I did find the link, I did read the info, and I was satisfied that if I used an ordinary usb I wouldn't fry the airpod or void the warranty. But why does Apple allow it to be so difficult/distressing/disappointing/... Please, if there's an answer to this kind of information problem, I'd like to follow along to see the answer materialize in the way Apple does things. How can I do this? How can I participate or watch how this gets resolved? Does anybody know? So far, I am told that there is no strong link between the support and the feedback departments. Please let me know what you think.

Sep 23, 2021 5:51 PM in response to jimmypreece

How to charge your device:

Come on, Apple! Such a simple question.

I've been using Apple products for decades.

I loved the original apple mac.

I've had countless ipods, iphones, and i regularly use my ipad for meetings, I have a macbook air.

It's not like i'm new to these kinds of products.

But even so, it's been proven to me over and over again that if your not a real pro or work for Apple,

then good luck finding out how to use it. I work on my computer for a living using autocad,

so you'd think I should have a slight technical advantage over most people in figuring out how things work.

Any fleeting feeling of mine that Apple is obfuscating can be discounted becuase I think that Apple means well.

But that Apple neglects the needs of users, especially those who are new and need to know,

and that is a real problem with untold costs, both to the user and to Apple.

Do you think there is a team somewhere trying to solve this problem?

I would be comforted to know that there is.

But I've encountered it over and over again with Apple products.

Case in point: iTunes. Despite over a decade of on again off again efforts at using it,

it remains a dark shadow of unimpregnable and baffling software that pops up very often on my screen when connecting devices, and there seems to be nothing I can do to figure out what are it's capabilities or how it can be made useful, or even simply how to use it modestly effectively.

I really don't have the time for this inquiry, but I wish someone did!

I've got a living to make. Can anyone tell me that Apple knows or cares about this problem?

Is there another way to charge my airpods pro? I don't have a wireless charger or a usb-c port.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.