Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage

I need more storage on my iPhone to upgrade to iOS15. I notice that Podcasts use a lot of storage:

App size: 15.4 MB

Documents and Data: 4.77 GB

I deleted all the downloaded episodes I could find but the size of Documents and Data has barely budged. What is represented by these 4.77GB of documents and data and can I delete some of it to get more storage? Thank you

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 5:57 PM

Hello hans234,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you want to clear space for an iOS update. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Make sure to check the section titled “If you need more space when updating wirelessly.” This article will also prove helpful: If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regarding the Podcasts Documents & Data, please make sure you restart your iPhone after you finish deleting what you wish, so that space can be cleared. 

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 5:57 PM in response to hans234

Hello hans234,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We've reviewed your question and it looks like you want to clear space for an iOS update. It's understandable that you'd want this resolved, so allow us to assist with that. Please start by taking a look here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Make sure to check the section titled “If you need more space when updating wirelessly.” This article will also prove helpful: If you need more space for an update on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Regarding the Podcasts Documents & Data, please make sure you restart your iPhone after you finish deleting what you wish, so that space can be cleared. 

If you have follow-up questions, please let us know. We're here for you. Have a fantastic day!

iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.