Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage availability

After I plug in my iPhone to my macbook, it shows the storage availability, and on the far left side it shows (in gray) "Used Space". What is this? Also, I have been trying to clear space on my iPhone by getting rid of the podcasts that I don't listen to on the reg, apple music playlists I don't listen to on the reg, clearing my voice mails (along with the voice mails that are in the deleted file), removing old text messages, especially old messages that contain video or picture files, but I keep getting less and less available storage. What am I doing wrong? What can I do?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2021 2:28 PM

tree3376 Said:

"iPhone storage availability: After I plug in my iPhone to my macbook, it shows the storage availability, and on the far left side it shows (in gray) "Used Space". What is this?[...]What am I doing wrong? What can I do?"

-------

Try Clearing "Other":

How much is shown under "Other"? You should clear it every often to save space. Learn about it here: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2021 2:28 PM in response to tree3376

tree3376 Said:

"iPhone storage availability: After I plug in my iPhone to my macbook, it shows the storage availability, and on the far left side it shows (in gray) "Used Space". What is this?[...]What am I doing wrong? What can I do?"

-------

Try Clearing "Other":

How much is shown under "Other"? You should clear it every often to save space. Learn about it here: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tip

iPhone storage availability

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.