Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete/change screen time passcode

I've had this problem for a while now. Because of content restrictions under screen time, I haven't been able to delete apps so my storage is almost full. Whenever I try to turn them off, it asks for a screen time passcode that I never set up (I asked my parents and they never set one either). When I try and change the passcode, I login with my Apple ID, but when I press enter, nothing happens. I get sent back to the enter passcode screen and it adds another failed passcode attempt. Because I've tried it so much, it locks up and I can't try it again for an hour. I've also tried to completely wipe the phone, but even that doesn't work because I have to enter a bunch of passwords, including the screen time one. I have an iPhone 8 that's on iOS 14.7.1.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 4:02 PM

milo003 Said:

"Can't delete/change screen time passcode: I've had this problem for a while now. Because of content restrictions under screen time, I haven't been able to delete apps so my storage is almost full. Whenever I try to turn them off, it asks for a screen time passcode that I never set up (I asked my parents and they never set one either).[...]"

-------

Contacting Apple Support:

Your parents have the responsibility to fix this. They are running FaceTime. If they are uncertain how to do so, then have them contact Apple Support. The Apple Rep with run them through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 4:02 PM in response to milo003

milo003 Said:

"Can't delete/change screen time passcode: I've had this problem for a while now. Because of content restrictions under screen time, I haven't been able to delete apps so my storage is almost full. Whenever I try to turn them off, it asks for a screen time passcode that I never set up (I asked my parents and they never set one either).[...]"

-------

Contacting Apple Support:

Your parents have the responsibility to fix this. They are running FaceTime. If they are uncertain how to do so, then have them contact Apple Support. The Apple Rep with run them through the fix.

Apple Contact Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Can't delete/change screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.