Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10 failed Screen Time passcode attempts

Q: I want to know what happens after 10 failed attempts on an IphoneX other than an erasure of all data and content (which is fine by me)?

Problem: I cannot sign out of my Apple ID or erase content/data because of a Screen Time passcode which I dont remember ever making. I keep getting the "failed password attempt" notice and am now on my last 9th attempt. I cannot turn off or change Screen Time passcode, it simply isnt accepting it.

I am doing this on my Iphone 10 which i want to erase of all content so i can pass it on to someone else to use.

Thank you!

iPhone X

Posted on Jan 17, 2022 8:42 AM

7 replies

Feb 13, 2022 10:55 AM in response to th113

th113 wrote:

Apple support does not seem to
read the question at all. They kept providing the link to “forgotten screen passcode” which does not resolve the issue described here.

That's because this forum is not "monitored" by Apple Employees. Instead, we are just fellow Apple-product users assisting others with their questions/issues with their Apple devices You should be aware of this if you had the opportunity to read the forum's use agreement.

Feb 7, 2022 12:42 AM in response to aquadote

This is not an answer, but I also have the same problem like that. My phone is iphone 7(os 15.2.1).

To change passcode, I entered apple id and password from "forgot passcode", then my phone was showing up plus 1 more "failed passcode attempt" message immediately.

When I checked my apple id/password from apple login page, it worked ok.

My apple id/password worked ok, but not for screen time.

Also iI changed my apple id password, then tried with the new password for changing the passcode, but still showing up failed passcode attempt.

The number keeps increasing and now I have to wait 60 minute every time I tried to change screen time passcode using my apple id/password.

Isn't it a bug?

10 failed Screen Time passcode attempts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.