Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes take 15 minutes to load after installing iTunes 12.12.1.1 from Microsoft Store

I am aware of the recent issues with iTunes 12.12.0.6 upgrade that failed per discussion thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253164287 (iTunes version 12.12.0.6 only works on English-language Windows, crashes on startup when Windows UI is in a different language)

My Windows UI is set to English (Australia) and I suffered the problem described so what I did was;

1. Uninstall 12.12.0.6
  2. Installed iTunes 12.11.4.15 which I downloaded from Apple via https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-6562 which worked perfectly

iTunes behaved well and started normally.

Today I noted that the Windows 10 Store again offered iTunes and now it supports Windows UI set to English (Australia).

So what I did was

1. Uninstall iTunes 12.11.4.15 as instructed in https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204275
  2. reboot
  3. Install iTunes 12.12.1.1 from Windows Store successfully

iTunes 12.12.1.1 works fine once it starts but takes 15 - 20 minutes to start-up!!!!

Any thoughts!

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:50 PM

I managed to resolve my problem.

Within the last few hours Apply released iTunes 12.12.1.1 via the Apple Updater so what I did to resolve this issue is:

1. Run the Apple Updater and let it update the installed 12.11.4.15 to the 12.12.1.1
  2. Check iTunes correctly updated to 12.12.1.1 and if YES then close iTunes
  3. WITHOUT DOING AN UNINSTALL of any Apple components go to Windows 10 Store and install iTunes from the Windows 10 Store (which will also install iTunes 12.12.1.1)
  4. When the install in step 3 completes run the iTunes that was installed from Windows 10 Store.
  5. you will be prompted to "remove all components" of the iTunes installed from installer. Say YES and allow the removal process to complete.

Once the removal process complete the iTunes installed from Windows 10 Store starts normally in seconds without delay,

Yay - I am now installed appropriately

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 10:50 PM in response to scrjs

I managed to resolve my problem.

Within the last few hours Apply released iTunes 12.12.1.1 via the Apple Updater so what I did to resolve this issue is:

1. Run the Apple Updater and let it update the installed 12.11.4.15 to the 12.12.1.1
  2. Check iTunes correctly updated to 12.12.1.1 and if YES then close iTunes
  3. WITHOUT DOING AN UNINSTALL of any Apple components go to Windows 10 Store and install iTunes from the Windows 10 Store (which will also install iTunes 12.12.1.1)
  4. When the install in step 3 completes run the iTunes that was installed from Windows 10 Store.
  5. you will be prompted to "remove all components" of the iTunes installed from installer. Say YES and allow the removal process to complete.

Once the removal process complete the iTunes installed from Windows 10 Store starts normally in seconds without delay,

Yay - I am now installed appropriately

Sep 24, 2021 1:40 AM in response to scrjs

I don't normally trust Windows Store. Windows sometimes have issues with Windows Store properly downloading programs through their launcher.

Next time when installing software of any kind, check to see what version of Windows (doesn't matter either 7 or 10) you are running.

What you need to check is whether your computer is 32 or 64 bit.

Find the direct download online, (depending on either 32 or 64 bit) and install the software like you normally would and it should download directly through Apple instead of going through Microsoft Store where you will have issues downloading programs. The majority of programs will have a separate download page (like this link below) where you can download the installer directly.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT210384

Hope this helps,

M3C4NiX

iTunes take 15 minutes to load after installing iTunes 12.12.1.1 from Microsoft Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.