Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add a photo of my vaccination card into my Apple wallet

How may I add a photo of my vaccination card into my Apple wallet?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 8:21 PM

You cannot add any photo to the wallet app. Items are added in the wallet app by Apps that can generate compatible passes, tickets, loyalty cards etc. There are apps out there that can scan a barcode from your vaccination card and then generate a wallet pass. That barcode in most of the US is provided by the state health app (they are different in every state). This is the barcode that is scanned and pass generated.

Confusing? Yes it is. Is this plan ready to go? In some regions of the US. Best bet is to perform a Google Search on the information every so often to keep yourself updated.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 8:21 PM in response to Spk482

You cannot add any photo to the wallet app. Items are added in the wallet app by Apps that can generate compatible passes, tickets, loyalty cards etc. There are apps out there that can scan a barcode from your vaccination card and then generate a wallet pass. That barcode in most of the US is provided by the state health app (they are different in every state). This is the barcode that is scanned and pass generated.

Confusing? Yes it is. Is this plan ready to go? In some regions of the US. Best bet is to perform a Google Search on the information every so often to keep yourself updated.

Axel F.

How do I add a photo of my vaccination card into my Apple wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.