Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X - Is there a way to add text notes?

I've got a raw rehearsal recording recording in Logic Pro X. The recording is about 1.5 hours and there are six or seven songs - some repeated - some just certain sections repeated. I need an easy way to just "see" where those sections are so that I can quickly move the playhead to whatever section or part I need to listen to.

So, is there a way to just add little notes so that I don't have to hunt for things as much?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 9:15 PM

3 replies

Sep 24, 2021 7:39 PM in response to CCTM

Yeah, that's what I was doing last night - I made a software instrument track and added MIDI regions as markers visual markers. That was definitely better than nothing.

Briefly, I tried Markers (Global Tracks) - but, they weren't like Postit notes - they were these long continuous things. It might have worked but (at least initially) Markers seemed to have maybe too much overhead.

I might Give Markers another try though - since you CAN add text to Markers - and that would be very helpful. It's just that I'd prefer markers to be short square shapes - not these infinitely long bars. But, maybe Markers could be made into tiny rectangles?

EDIT: Okay, Markers are working. I was able to create non-infinitely long Markers. So, I'll use both methods - Markers to put a label (name of song) over where we rehearsed the song - and the midi regions below to mark stuff like Chorus, Verse, Bridge, and so on.

Thanks for your help!

Logic Pro X - Is there a way to add text notes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.