Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe case safe for credit cards?

If I use an Apple MagSafe case on my iPhone, can I keep credit cards close to my phone in my pocket, or could the case de-magnetize my cards?

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 8:34 AM

Hello Dennis Hagen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have a concern about your credit cards close to your iPhone MagSafe case. The short answer is: you will want to make sure your credit cards are not inside your MagSafe case next to your iPhone.

You will also want to make sure your cards do not get in between a MagSafe charger and your iPhone:

How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models and later

"Don't place credit cards, security badges, passports, or key fobs between your iPhone and MagSafe Charger, because this might damage magnetic strips or RFID chips in those items."

We do have MagSafe wallet accessories to attach to your case specifically to hold credit cards right next to your case (outside):

Wallets - MagSafe - Apple Accessories

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 8:34 AM in response to Dennis Hagen

Hello Dennis Hagen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you have a concern about your credit cards close to your iPhone MagSafe case. The short answer is: you will want to make sure your credit cards are not inside your MagSafe case next to your iPhone.

You will also want to make sure your cards do not get in between a MagSafe charger and your iPhone:

How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models and later

"Don't place credit cards, security badges, passports, or key fobs between your iPhone and MagSafe Charger, because this might damage magnetic strips or RFID chips in those items."

We do have MagSafe wallet accessories to attach to your case specifically to hold credit cards right next to your case (outside):

Wallets - MagSafe - Apple Accessories

Have a good day.

MagSafe case safe for credit cards?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.