Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my iPhone and it was removed from my devices list by someone else. How can I permanently secure it from being used by other people?.

My iPhone 6s was stolen and it was removed from my devices list by someone else. How can I permanently secure it from being used by other people?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 1:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 1:23 AM

You have stated that your lost iPhone has been removed form your Apple ID’s device list. This means that the Activation Lock has been removed. If you had a lock screen passcode setup then the finder of the iPhone has to reset the passcode and that will delete all the data on the iPone.

Bottom line to this is that getting the item removed from yoru Apple ID’s device list, has removed the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 1:23 AM in response to i_Love_Apple-

You have stated that your lost iPhone has been removed form your Apple ID’s device list. This means that the Activation Lock has been removed. If you had a lock screen passcode setup then the finder of the iPhone has to reset the passcode and that will delete all the data on the iPone.

Bottom line to this is that getting the item removed from yoru Apple ID’s device list, has removed the Activation Lock.

Axel F.

I lost my iPhone and it was removed from my devices list by someone else. How can I permanently secure it from being used by other people?.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.