Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to uninstall safari on macbook pro

how to uninstall / reinstall safari on MacBook Pro

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 2:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 10:32 AM

You can not uninstall Safari on a Mac. It is installed as part of the operating system. When the OS is upgraded to a newer OS, Safari may be also. Therefore, Safari may not normally be individually installed. If you are currently having problems, the following may be useful to you. There have recently been many reports of new problems with Safari. It seems that the recent Safari update has issues. Word has it that Apple knows about the problems and is working on a fix. I assume that it will be released fairly soon. In the meantime, use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they should work for you. Also, there are reports that reinstalling Safari and restarting the computer has resolved issues. I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 10:32 AM in response to tomdmpp

You can not uninstall Safari on a Mac. It is installed as part of the operating system. When the OS is upgraded to a newer OS, Safari may be also. Therefore, Safari may not normally be individually installed. If you are currently having problems, the following may be useful to you. There have recently been many reports of new problems with Safari. It seems that the recent Safari update has issues. Word has it that Apple knows about the problems and is working on a fix. I assume that it will be released fairly soon. In the meantime, use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they should work for you. Also, there are reports that reinstalling Safari and restarting the computer has resolved issues. I hope this helps.

how to uninstall safari on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.