You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning documents

Hello. After upgrading to iOS version 15, found a problem with the quality of scanning documents through the “files” application. After saving the document, the image quality becomes unacceptable due to the low resolution, but the file size is still quite large. iPhone 12 mini

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 3:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 10:42 PM

Yes. I’m facing the same issue. Hope that apple could have a settable scan document resolution in the next iOS update. The previous was too big files, and now is too low resolution.

oh ya. You may use note scanning. Its better than files scanning.

3 replies

Oct 25, 2021 2:07 PM in response to d3223

I do not agree. Files is better for scanning documents in order to manage the resulting PDF files through the rest of the cloud features. I can scan a page right to my Desktop cloud folder with my iPhone and receive it instantly in my Mac's desktop. Or even more, it is available all over my i-devices.

But the real issue here is the poor resolution of the scanned files, and as far as I know, there is no way to customize this resolution. I'll try everything under iPhone Settings/Camera and still the same poor result.

Scanning documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.