You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Size of scanned documents

Since several months is the document scanner (iPhone 13, iOS 16.3.1) working in "photo mode" which causes huge file size for a scanned document, meant to be sent (i.e. 5-7 MB instead of hunderts KB for a text A4 page)...what has changed?

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 1:22 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 2:23 PM

Hi Sheree,

thanks for your reply. What is bordering me is that it worked great since I had learned about the function 2-3 years ago. Until some kind of update recently and the whole concept is screwed.

I don’t want to use 3rd party solution when I know, Apple has/had this functionality and I even promoted it wherever I was.

Thanks anyway.

best regards,

m.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 29, 2023 2:23 PM in response to Sheree_P

Hi Sheree,

thanks for your reply. What is bordering me is that it worked great since I had learned about the function 2-3 years ago. Until some kind of update recently and the whole concept is screwed.

I don’t want to use 3rd party solution when I know, Apple has/had this functionality and I even promoted it wherever I was.

Thanks anyway.

best regards,

m.

Mar 29, 2023 12:00 PM in response to marafi_no_1

Hey marafi_no_1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

We see you have a question about the size of documents scanned on your iPhone. The option to change the size of a scanned document isn't available, however, you can check out the App Store to see if there are any 3rd party apps that will help.

To submit suggestions or feedback to Apple, click see: Product Feedback.

Take care.

Size of scanned documents

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.