Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dark mode on Mac not working latest update 2021

Could anyone be of assistance, please? My Mac is a 2020 M1 with 11.6 Big Sur.. I have tried putting my display into "Dark Mode" by <preference-general-dark(nothing)/ and ""-display(nothing).> I even tried putting it back into "light" and restarting it.. still no bueno. Any suggestions?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 4:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 10:39 AM

Hi fujiseed,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to enable Dark Mode on your Mac.

If you've already restarted your Mac, we'd suggest that you create a new user account to test Dark Mode. To create a new user account, you can go to the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

Click the lock icon, then enter an administrator name and password.

Click the add button (+) below the list of users.

Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).

Once you’ve created the new account, go to the Apple menu  > Log Out, then log in with the new account and attempt to activate Dark Mode.

If you're unable to recreate the same behavior in a new user account, you may consider removing login items from your main account: Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 10:39 AM in response to fujiseed

Hi fujiseed,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're unable to enable Dark Mode on your Mac.

If you've already restarted your Mac, we'd suggest that you create a new user account to test Dark Mode. To create a new user account, you can go to the Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Users & Groups.

Click the lock icon, then enter an administrator name and password.

Click the add button (+) below the list of users.

Complete the fields shown for an Administrator account, then click Create Account (or OK).

Once you’ve created the new account, go to the Apple menu  > Log Out, then log in with the new account and attempt to activate Dark Mode.

If you're unable to recreate the same behavior in a new user account, you may consider removing login items from your main account: Remove login items to resolve startup problems on your Mac

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

dark mode on Mac not working latest update 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.