Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing issue

I have a high Sierra MacBook Pro. when I go into sharing settings to set up home sharing, I don't see media sharing. any hope??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 6:30 AM

8 replies

Sep 25, 2021 11:24 AM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

Hello CrzyBoy777,

We understand that you don't see the media sharing option when trying to set it up through these settings: Set up media sharing on Mac

Is the account that you're using an administrator account? Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Also, has this worked in the past or was this the first time that you were trying to use it?

Thanks!

Sep 25, 2021 3:36 PM in response to Yeet_Boy_FRESH

Home Sharing works when both source and destination device are active and on the same network. For Mojave and earlier iTunes needs to be running. (In Catalina and later shared libraries are still available when Music is closed.) You can use Home Sharing between computers on your network to both play and copy from one library to another. iOS devices can play from a home shared library, but you cannot copy content to the device, you would need to sync from the library to copy the files such that they can be played when you're away from your network.

tt2

Home Sharing issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.