Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to do Home Sharing in Mojave but "Media Sharing" does not show up in System Preferences > Sharing (see below). Any suggestions?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 24, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 11:02 AM

You don't use Home/Media Sharing to transfer media to your iPad. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support.

tt2

7 replies

Dec 27, 2021 11:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your replies, turingtest2 and JayanthSahasranamamula. At first the "Sync your iPad" solution looked like it wasn't going to work, because my iPad did not appear as a device in iTunes when I plugged the iPad into my MacBook. iTunes warned me that I needed to update my software to get my iPad to appear.

That error message gave me the impression I would have to update both my iPad and my Mac to their latest OS versions to get the iPad to appear as a device. Since I have the final version of iTunes for MacOS (12.9.5.5), I am unwilling to update my MacOS past Mojave. However, to my pleasant surprise, it was adequate to update my iPad to the latest version of iPadOS (15.2) to have the device appear in iTunes. After that, it was easy to sync my iPad to my iTunes library.

I'm trying to do Home Sharing in Mojave but "Media Sharing" does not show up in System Preferences > Sharing (see below). Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.