You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Classroom - Screen shows "Lock Screen" when

A couple of students in my Apple classroom class only ever show up as "Lock Screen" in my class view. Their Bluetooth is on, we've tried removing them from the class, rebooting their machines, and then re-adding but still no luck. Both devices are up-to-date as well. Anyone ever ran into this issue and have a resolution?

I am attaching a screenshot of what I see. Thank you in advance!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:14 AM

2 replies

Sep 25, 2021 2:57 PM in response to sophiemIT

Hi there, sophiemIT!

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities. We see that you're having trouble using Classroom to view your student's screens. We can help!

The info from this article could be helpful: View and lock students’ screens with Classroom - Apple Support

"Note: Depending on how your mobile device management (MDM) solution is configured, you may not be able to perform this task. Contact your MDM administrator and have them review Classroom view and AirPlay management."

If you've confirmed that each one is set up correctly, then reaching out your administrator for further assistance would be the next best step.

Take care!

Apple Classroom - Screen shows "Lock Screen" when

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.