Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple TV Model: A1469 (3rd generation) obsolete?

Is Apple TV Model: A1469 (3rd generation) any good, is it compatible with Apple’s Platform? I can't get it to play Apple TV+, not directly via ethernet network connection, nor by AirPlay. Can’t get the Bluetooth to connect to my (old, but in prime condition) A1314 Apple Keyboard.

No direct streaming, no streaming via AirPlay: I login to my iTunes / Apple Account with my password, try to access Apple TV+, then my iPhone, M1 MacBook Pro, or M1 Mac Mini asks to allow, I allow; then I am provided with a confirmation # and the Apple TV asks for my password again, rejecting both password or confirmation #. I’ve done this so many times that I gave up and contacted Apple support, here. 

The firmware is updated. It doesn't pull my password from my stored Apple password in my Apple Account, and I am in some kinda infinite loop of password providing, never getting to the movie. My Apple Account does not list my 3rd Gen Apple TV as one of my registered Apple devices, even though I was able to access the Music Store and play from it.

Thanks.

David Silva

First Sergeant, USA (ret.)

Support our Troops. Before. During. After.

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 9:34 AM

Hi,

Yes a 3rd generation Apple TV is obsolete. However if it is running the most up-to-date version of TV OS an Apple TV 3 can run it should be able to run Apple TV +. Frankly I would consider replacing it with an Apple TV 4K which is a totally (and much better experience) than your ATV 3.

You also may be running into a 2 Factor Authentification issue. Please try:

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code.
  • For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567

Do this quickly or it will time out!

Best and thank you for serving,

RK.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 9:34 AM in response to top8305

Hi,

Yes a 3rd generation Apple TV is obsolete. However if it is running the most up-to-date version of TV OS an Apple TV 3 can run it should be able to run Apple TV +. Frankly I would consider replacing it with an Apple TV 4K which is a totally (and much better experience) than your ATV 3.

You also may be running into a 2 Factor Authentification issue. Please try:

• Apple TV asks for Apple ID password, enter it.
  • An authentication code will be sent to your iPhone or iPad or Mac.
  • Apple TV asks for the Apple ID password again, enter it followed by the authentication code.
  • For example if your Apple ID password is XYZ123 and the authentication code is 4567 enter XYZ1234567

Do this quickly or it will time out!

Best and thank you for serving,

RK.

Is Apple TV Model: A1469 (3rd generation) obsolete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.