Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur and Turbotax

this past winter I could not use TurboTax with MacOS Big Sur. Turbotax 2021 is preparing to come out in November, has the issue between TurboTax and Big Sur been resolved?

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 11:35 AM

I used TT 2020 with Big Sur without a problem on my 2017 27" iMac. It also runs fine on the next beta system.

Just make sure you have not installed or run any "cleaning", "optimizing", "speed-up" or anti-virus apps on your Mac? None!

4 replies

Sep 24, 2021 9:25 PM in response to jessehbechtold

jessehbechtold wrote:

this past winter I could not use TurboTax with MacOS Big Sur. Turbotax 2021 is preparing to come out in November, has the issue between TurboTax and Big Sur been resolved?

Turbotax required (for 2020) at least Mojave, and as others have indicated, runs under Big Sur. You will want to figure out what has been installed on your Mac that is interfering with TurboTax, for the upcoming tax season, when Monterey will be out. Perhaps you could run Etrecheck (free download) and post the output here. It may provide clues for other users to inspect and try to find your culprit.

Big Sur and Turbotax

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.