Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I add my husband to Family Sharing, do we both still receive an invoice for $.99 FROM iCOUD?

If I add my husband to "Family Sharing", do we still BOTH receive an invoice for $.99 from Apple for Icloud storage?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 12:37 PM

No you do not both keep being charged for the storage. Only the Family Organizer will pay the storage fee. The text below is copied from this link.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 12:37 PM in response to Notesquestions

No you do not both keep being charged for the storage. Only the Family Organizer will pay the storage fee. The text below is copied from this link.

Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support

Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan

When you share iCloud+, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

If I add my husband to Family Sharing, do we both still receive an invoice for $.99 FROM iCOUD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.