Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone - I cloud syncing

Hey guys is it possible to have my new iPhone still syncing photos to the iCloud but without the phone downloading all the old images from iCloud, I know you can turn iCloud photos off but this stops new images syncing to the cloud I just don’t want all the old images clogging up the new phone thanks!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 2:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 3:31 PM

If you turn on iCloud Photos on the new phone it will sync all photos from iCloud to the new phone. There is no option to have new photos sync to iCloud without the old photos syncing to the phone. You can potentially reduce the storage space required bu turning on the Optimize Storage option. See details in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 3:31 PM in response to DanielN1992

If you turn on iCloud Photos on the new phone it will sync all photos from iCloud to the new phone. There is no option to have new photos sync to iCloud without the old photos syncing to the phone. You can potentially reduce the storage space required bu turning on the Optimize Storage option. See details in Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

New iPhone - I cloud syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.