Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 Pro Max purchased from Best Buy, phone shows Chinese and China Mainland as the default language and country, is this normal?

I preordered the Iphone 13 Pro Max and picked it up from my nearby Best Buy Store. I just powered up the device and it shows Simplified Chinese as the very first language, and China Mainland as the default country. I haven't gone to the next step yet because I owned mulitple iphones purchased in the US and it always show English as the first language and United States as the default country.

Did anyone else who purchased a phone from Best Buy have thier phone show Chinese and China Mainland as the default language and country?

Just want to make sure that this is not some lone Chinese model accidently mixed in with a US batch?

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 5:46 PM

Just choose English and US and then continue setting up your phone. Nothing to worry over.

1 reply

13 Pro Max purchased from Best Buy, phone shows Chinese and China Mainland as the default language and country, is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.