Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone alarm alert not getting pushed to Watch

I’m reading in Apple Help that if you set an alarm on your iPhone, it should set off an alert on your Watch when it goes off. But that doesn’t seem to happen; nothing indicates on my watch that an iPhone alarm has gone off. I see there’s a setting that controls this: in the Watch app, you go to My Watch > Clock > Push Alerts From Phone. That *IS* turned on, but I’m still not getting an alert on my watch from the iPhone alarm.

I turned off both watch and phone and then both of them back on, but that makes no difference.

A friend tried it and gets the same results as me. Thanks for any help.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 8:02 PM

Yep, that’s it. Thanks. (And I meant to say “timer” rather than “alarm” but they’re probably the same in this regard.) I set a 1-minute timer on my phone and left the phone unlocked. After the timer went off 60 seconds later, nothing displayed on my watch to alert me.

I then set a timer again on my phone but this time locked it. After a minute, I got an alert on my watch (and, interestingly, on the Lock Screen on my phone as well so I guess under some circumstances you get alerts on both).

Thanks for the help.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 24, 2021 8:02 PM in response to javaliga

Yep, that’s it. Thanks. (And I meant to say “timer” rather than “alarm” but they’re probably the same in this regard.) I set a 1-minute timer on my phone and left the phone unlocked. After the timer went off 60 seconds later, nothing displayed on my watch to alert me.

I then set a timer again on my phone but this time locked it. After a minute, I got an alert on my watch (and, interestingly, on the Lock Screen on my phone as well so I guess under some circumstances you get alerts on both).

Thanks for the help.

Sep 24, 2021 5:40 PM in response to rick7

I believe alerts and notifications work the same way. Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Change the audio and notification settings on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

iPhone alarm alert not getting pushed to Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.