Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Not Disturb Apple Watch not functioning correctly when locked

iOS 15 and Apple Watch 8 with both locked on charging stand when Do Not Disturb reaches its switch off time, iPhone 12 switches off and Apple watch doesn't?

I have to manually switch it off.

My wife's Watch does automatically switch off Do Not Disturb using exactly the same setup for charging etc.

Apple Watch Edition

Posted on Sep 24, 2021 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:53 AM

Hello darrylp,

We see that you need help with Do Not Disturb on your devices.

By default, if you have Do Not Disturb enabled it shouldn't change when you connect or disconnect your devices from charging. You can learn more about Do Not Disturb and Focus here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch & Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Can you clarify exactly what’s happening with each of your devices? Also, do you have any apps, shortcuts, or schedules created to impact Do Not Disturb?

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 9:53 AM in response to darrylp

Hello darrylp,

We see that you need help with Do Not Disturb on your devices.

By default, if you have Do Not Disturb enabled it shouldn't change when you connect or disconnect your devices from charging. You can learn more about Do Not Disturb and Focus here: Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch & Use Focus on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Can you clarify exactly what’s happening with each of your devices? Also, do you have any apps, shortcuts, or schedules created to impact Do Not Disturb?

Cheers!

Sep 27, 2021 7:23 AM in response to judysings

Hi judysings

Thanks very much for your

response.

I tried to setup Focus and

perhaps that's what's causing the problem.

I have deleted it and will

see what happens in the morning when Do Not Disturb is scheduled switch off.

(12.23am now in Sydney Australia)

Either way I will update

you tomorrow.

Thanks one again.

Regards

Darryl

Do Not Disturb Apple Watch not functioning correctly when locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.