Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I wanted to use my Apple ID for my new iPhone but it says it can’t be used for it this device.I made another Apple ID for the old one but the new one stuck on the same one.What should I do?

I can’t activate my new iPhone.It stuck on a Apple ID that I entered and don’t use anymore.I want to make a new Apple ID but how?

iPhone 8

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 1:55 PM

You need to sign out of the old ID after turning off Find My Phone. If there is data on the phone, you might want to do the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device

If necessary, see if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find  -       

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2021 1:55 PM in response to parvane97

You need to sign out of the old ID after turning off Find My Phone. If there is data on the phone, you might want to do the steps in the article below.

Selling/Giving Away Device

If necessary, see if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find  -       

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

I wanted to use my Apple ID for my new iPhone but it says it can’t be used for it this device.I made another Apple ID for the old one but the new one stuck on the same one.What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.