Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 13 does not unlock with Apple Watch

With watch os 8 and iPhone 13 running iOS 15 the setting to have he watch unlock the phone does not work. States unable to communicate with Apple Watch. The unlock feature works with Macbook and iMac..

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2021 6:19 PM

Nope. It's broken. No one I know can do it. I filed a bug report with Apple and we'll just have to wait for an iOS/Apple WatchOS update to fix it.

Feel free to let Apple know (the more who do, the more they'll notice the issue) via this link --> Feedback - iPhone - Apple

5 replies

Sep 25, 2021 7:05 PM in response to lobsterghost1

I chatted with support.. I found that the iPhone 13 came with iOS 15 "BETA". Was told I need to update to get that feature.. Well, I found I needed the update and did it. However it was strange.. The update was called IOS15 but it was described as security updates and some app refresh issues?? Well, the feature to unlock the phone with the watch still DID NOT work... Looks like I will be waiting also..

Iphone 13 does not unlock with Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.