Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Launch in TAB

How can I launch Safari with Bookmarks and not the 1 Tab panel. It's pain that I have to keep clicking on the bookmarks tab to see my bookmarks ever time I launch Safari.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 4:38 AM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2021 7:50 AM in response to tpiorkowski

tpiorkowski,

Thanks for being part of Apple Support Communities. We'd understand that you'd like to see your Bookmarks when you launch Safari. We'd like to help.

It's possible that you can Change General preferences in Safari on Mac to set it to show your Bookmarks when you open Safari. From there, you'll be able to see the Bookmarks each time you open Safari. You may need to adjust the Settings you choose to make it show the options you'd like.

Check that out and let us know if you need additional help with that.

Take care!

Sep 27, 2021 8:36 AM in response to tpiorkowski

tpiorkowski,

Thanks for the confirmation on the issue!

We can help you get this done. If you choose the View menu in Safari, and enable Show Bookmarks Sidebar, the Sidebar will be visible when you open Safari.

To stop from seeing the Bookmarks on your Tab View, you can change the options under New windows open with and New tabs open with in the Safari Preferences pane. If you choose Empty Page, you will not see the bookmarks there.

Hopefully this helps you view the Bookmarks as expected.

Cheers!

Safari Launch in TAB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.