Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad's (8 Gen) touch screen is not responding

I had the same problem two weeks ago. After I connected my Ipad to ITunes I could use the touch screen again. Now it happened again, the only problem now is that I have a Passcode. I tried to update my Ipad, now it is in recovery mode and can't do anything on my Ipad. Anyone can help?

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 6:56 AM

For older iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

Your iPad will still be in recovery mode.

IF you never, evet made any data backups or this iPad, your data is already gone.

Sorry.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

You WILL NEED to have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes walk you through the iPad restore process.

Make sure your iPad is, at least, charged to 50% or greater to attempt this.

Also, make sure to do a backup of your iPad's data, prior to upgrading/updating.

Backup to Apple iCloud and/or a full Mac or Windows PC using the same iTunes app OR, if a newer Mac running macOS Catalina, or later, making a backup using the macOS Finder app.

If NO access to a Mac or Windows computer, you will have to seek help from a good friend or family member to help you out

OR

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad upgraded/updated to its latest iPadOS 14.6.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 6:56 AM in response to goboy9

For older iPad models with a Home button, do a simple hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake/power button simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

Your iPad will still be in recovery mode.

IF you never, evet made any data backups or this iPad, your data is already gone.

Sorry.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

You WILL NEED to have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes walk you through the iPad restore process.

Make sure your iPad is, at least, charged to 50% or greater to attempt this.

Also, make sure to do a backup of your iPad's data, prior to upgrading/updating.

Backup to Apple iCloud and/or a full Mac or Windows PC using the same iTunes app OR, if a newer Mac running macOS Catalina, or later, making a backup using the macOS Finder app.

If NO access to a Mac or Windows computer, you will have to seek help from a good friend or family member to help you out

OR

Search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to try/attempt to make an appointment to get your Apple iPad upgraded/updated to its latest iPadOS 14.6.

Apple Store employees will be glad to help/assist you.

Sep 26, 2021 7:26 AM in response to goboy9

Then it is time for you to search online for your nearest, “local” Apple store location and call contact phone numbers and call to make an appointment to have your Apple iPad diagnosed and options presented you.

Failing that,

You need to contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities.

Use the Hardware Repair and Device Performance support categories.

OR

by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

OR

Call contact Apple via the support numbers found in the link bekow.

Contact - How to Contact Us - Apple

Tap the link below.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

Sep 26, 2021 7:10 AM in response to MichelPM

Thank you for your reply. The problem is that it is not really in recovery mode. I can only see the this message on a white screen: Press home button to enter recovery mode. So I guess I need to confirm the recovery mode. Since the touch screen is not working I just see the Code screen when I press the home button.

My Ipad's (8 Gen) touch screen is not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.