Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

roblox beta app

I have uninstalled and reinstalled roblox twice and it keeps going back to the new beta app. I didn't realize what it was when I clicked on it and it's awful!!! I want the regular laptop version that includes Roblox Studio, the way it was. I've deleted the Safari cache files. My daughter also takes a CodaKids class that includes Roblox so I deleted all of her work there too. Is anyone else having problems getting Roblox beta app off of their computers? Please tell me what file I am missing and where I can find it! Thank you..

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2021 1:14 PM

Thanks… I tried downloading Roblox on private mode using Firefox and found the file. It’s the roblox-player file. As soon as I deleted it, a page popped up asking if I wanted to return to the application and disable the beta “app.”

It downloaded to its previous location and opens through Safari the way it used to. I found some interesting information about Roblox and the way it possibly violates apple’s policy so they are changing their wording to describe the community created games as “experiences”. It is an amazing platform and I would hate to see it turned into an app on Mac.

I don’t want to buy a PC. I have been a Mac person since my days at Drexel in the mid-90’s! I guess it’s easier to run scripts for exploits, mods, etc on windows and that’s why they always get viruses. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I’m keeping my Mac for video editing (I just got this laptop about a year and a half ago and I expect to have it for a LONG time) but it’s looking like I’m going to need a gaming PC for my daughter. She still loves her iPad Pro. It’s almost 5 years old and is just now beginning to show signs that it needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps anyone else fix the Roblox beta app problem! Roblox can be uninstalled and upon reinstall, go into the MacOS folder and delete the roblox-player file. It should continue to download to a page asking if you want to return to the Roblox application and it reminds you that you can return to the beta app at any time by clicking the link at the top of the page. It’s a fix for now. I just hope Apple and Roblox can continue to exist the way they are, where my daughter can create an “experience” and earn robux when players join it (if they choose to spend robux in the experience). And where we can design clothes and accessories for the avatars. Thanks :)

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2021 1:14 PM in response to 5hamaa

Thanks… I tried downloading Roblox on private mode using Firefox and found the file. It’s the roblox-player file. As soon as I deleted it, a page popped up asking if I wanted to return to the application and disable the beta “app.”

It downloaded to its previous location and opens through Safari the way it used to. I found some interesting information about Roblox and the way it possibly violates apple’s policy so they are changing their wording to describe the community created games as “experiences”. It is an amazing platform and I would hate to see it turned into an app on Mac.

I don’t want to buy a PC. I have been a Mac person since my days at Drexel in the mid-90’s! I guess it’s easier to run scripts for exploits, mods, etc on windows and that’s why they always get viruses. It’s going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I’m keeping my Mac for video editing (I just got this laptop about a year and a half ago and I expect to have it for a LONG time) but it’s looking like I’m going to need a gaming PC for my daughter. She still loves her iPad Pro. It’s almost 5 years old and is just now beginning to show signs that it needs to be replaced.

I hope this helps anyone else fix the Roblox beta app problem! Roblox can be uninstalled and upon reinstall, go into the MacOS folder and delete the roblox-player file. It should continue to download to a page asking if you want to return to the Roblox application and it reminds you that you can return to the beta app at any time by clicking the link at the top of the page. It’s a fix for now. I just hope Apple and Roblox can continue to exist the way they are, where my daughter can create an “experience” and earn robux when players join it (if they choose to spend robux in the experience). And where we can design clothes and accessories for the avatars. Thanks :)

Sep 26, 2021 8:04 AM in response to D0llsNDirt

D0llsNDirt wrote:

I have uninstalled and reinstalled roblox twice and it keeps going back to the new beta app. I didn't realize what it was when I clicked on it and it's awful!!! I want the regular laptop version that includes Roblox Studio, the way it was. I've deleted the Safari cache files. My daughter also takes a CodaKids class that includes Roblox so I deleted all of her work there too. Is anyone else having problems getting Roblox beta app off of their computers? Please tell me what file I am missing and where I can find it! Thank you..

Mac: Troubleshooting – Roblox Support

Sep 27, 2021 5:17 AM in response to PRP_53

Thank you but neither of these responses deals with the BRAND NEW beta app that was released by Roblox specifically for MacOS. It takes away the Roblox application and design studio and replaces it with the limited things the app for iOS offers. This is to reduce script exploits as well as kids being hacked due to lack of knowledge about phishing scams. I am not a child and didn’t realize that my application and build mode were being removed. I thought I was getting better access as gamers primarily use PC and many things simply work better in roblox when you are on a PC.

I did uninstall and delete cache files, as well as any Roblox files I found (even the CodaKids files which are obby files made on Roblox). I tried to reinstall on Firefox but have MetaMask for crypto wallet and duck duck go so I’m not tracked by Google. I added Roblox into all exception folders in Firefox and it will not download the application. It simply goes in a loop that downloads the application to the point of choosing a game but once I select play for a game (I tried different games, I tried going into my avatar and changing it, etc) in goes back to download the Roblox app… download successful, goes to main page, select game and hit play, loops back to download the Roblox app and…. Safari will only download the beta app and I didn’t try Chrome or Edge as I really don’t like Google products.

I appreciate your responses but clearly neither of you are dealing with this issue and have a workaround or a fix. Again, thanks for trying to help. If ANYONE has recently (in the past week 9/20/21) gone through this and knows what file is hiding, related to Safari, on my laptop so I can successfully get rid of this beta “app” (it is NOT found in the App Store) and run the application on Safari like I did before I clicked that button for the beta app… yes, I never should’ve clicked that button, but I did and now it seems there’s no going back. In fact, now, Safari only downloads the beta app and the Roblox files never even get a chance to download onto my computer so there’s still something hiding somewhere on Safari or Roblox simply isn’t allowing one to download this as an application on MacOS anymore.

FYI - Roblox still runs completely fine, as an application, on my desktop (on Safari) because I knew better than to click the button. I realize that my desktop and my laptop run different versions of MacOS but both are new (within the past 2-3 yrs) and are up fully updated.

I’ll put in a help desk ticket with Roblox to let them know what’s happening and do some research on discord to see what’s going on and if someone can walk me through this. I’ll post the fix as soon as I find it because the Roblox beta app for MacOS is terrible. We only play on iPads/iPhones if we’re stuck at an appt and bored. We would not play for any significant amount of time on these devices at home.

Sep 27, 2021 5:24 AM in response to leroydouglas

This doesn’t work. Safari only allows me to download the new beta app. See my response to the person below. I’m going to put in a help desk ticket with Roblox and check discord to see if anyone has an answer or workaround.

The above explanation was prior to the release of this new beta “app” specifically for MacOS and this “app” is not found in the App Store. There was a box at the top of my Roblox home page screen encouraging me to try it and I thought it would be more helpful since most gamers use PC. I was wrong. It takes away features!!! Thankfully I didn’t do the same thing on my desktop.

I’m going to have to buy a PC gaming desktop… Alienware ?? I’ve always been a Mac person. My kiddo is getting into Minecraft mods and shaders along with Roblox dev.

Sep 27, 2021 9:19 PM in response to D0llsNDirt

I did not develop Roblox! Are you familiar with Roblox? It is open to the entire community to create/develop games on the platform. I used the wrong words to explain.

I’m simply turning to the Mac community to see if anyone else is having this problem but as I said, gamers don’t seem to use Mac. I’m sad to say it, but the « help » offered here is a joke. Someone referred me to an old page on how to uninstall, reinstall and someone else went to the App Store and dug up something I’ve never heard of from 8 YEARS ago.

You guys really don’t know what Roblox is? Piggy? Adopt Me? Royale High? Murder Mystery 1-8+??? It uses Lua and is based on community involvement to develop games. Unfortunately, too many people are running exploits and since the primary audience is children (my daughter is 10) a lot of accounts are hacked and REAL money spent on the currency, Robux, is lost. I checked and we spent about 145,000 robux on just one of our accounts in the past year (approximately $1,800… with limited items now worth much more). We use 2 step authentication and have a pin set so no information can be changed without the pin, if we somehow fell victim to a phishing scam of which there are MANY! Due to spending so many robux, we are developing a game to earn robux based on a course through CodaKids. Next we are learning to make clothes to sell for robux. At least we have the desktop but there HAS to be someone familiar with this who can help me restore the application to our laptop….

roblox beta app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.