Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my iMac Safari doesn't open some of my banking websites. What do I do?

Any updates for Safari to eliminate this problem?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 9:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2021 1:48 PM

I contacted Apple and they were able to send me a link to reinstall Safari. It corrected the problem. The tech was extremely helpful and stayed with me all through the process. Very grateful for there help.

4 replies

Sep 26, 2021 11:31 AM in response to 247Montrose247

There have recently been many reports of new problems with the latest release of v.15 Safari. It seems that the recent Safari update has varied issues. Word has it that Apple knows about the problems and is working on a fix. I assume that it will be released fairly soon. In the meantime, if necessary, you can use another browser such as Firefox or Chrome and they should work for you. Also, there are reports that reinstalling Safari and restarting the computer has resolved issues. 

After updating my iMac Safari doesn't open some of my banking websites. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.