Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad keyboard with iOS 15 is cluttered

Hi Everyone,

I just updated to iOS 15 on my iPad and the keyboard is not like it was. It’s all cluttered with symbols and numbers on the letter keys. How can I turn those off? Can I turn those off?

Thank You In Advance,

DA

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 11:21 AM

Those are the symbols that can get typed if you use iOS/iPadOS key flicks feature when you flick a key fast, on the virtual, software keyboard, downward.

If you feel you don’t like this feature, you can toggle this off in the Settings app, General settings panel, keyboards panel, Key Flicks , toggle OFF.

Good Luck to You!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 11:21 AM in response to DA3411

Those are the symbols that can get typed if you use iOS/iPadOS key flicks feature when you flick a key fast, on the virtual, software keyboard, downward.

If you feel you don’t like this feature, you can toggle this off in the Settings app, General settings panel, keyboards panel, Key Flicks , toggle OFF.

Good Luck to You!

Sep 26, 2021 2:09 PM in response to DA3411

A lot of things have changed in iOS/iPadOS 15.

There are close to 500 new features.

Many can be disabled. Many cannot.

There is NO way to know what features your father may like or may not like about iPadOS 15.

Here is a thorough YouTube video that covers most of the iPadOS 15 new features.

https://youtu.be/40nIyS6duRg

As far as your issue above.

Those are iPadOS widgets

This is the new way iPadOS 15 displays Widgets now.

Widgets cannot be turned off or disabled.

Widgets are flexible and dynamic, now.

You can move these around on any Home screen and can have multiples of the same widgets on any Home screen.

They can be sized differently in order to show more information or smaller to show less.

You cannot disable widgets.

So, if your father does not like these either, you may just want to move them to another blank Home page.

Use widgets on your iPad - Apple Support

You and your father will need to figure out what new features he may wish to keep and uae or disable.

There are too many to cover in a volunteer device/software user to user support community.

Good Luck to You!

iPad keyboard with iOS 15 is cluttered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.