Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 Keyboard

How can we turn the new keyboard off? It’s awful and keeps putting numbers into the things I type.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 3:34 AM

4 replies

Sep 27, 2021 4:33 AM in response to stedman1

Yes that worked. It’s clearly a feature that the developers wished to highlight in the new update. It’s annoying when they do this as they never communicate effectively with the support teams to let them know how to quickly undo it. The developers have been working on the update for many months and understand all the changes they make, users do not, the support teams do not. This is particularly the case when they introduce a new feature with a new name that doesn’t exist in previous versions. I always read the release notes for updates but I’m severely dyslexic and my machine powered down for the update before I had a chance to read them all.

iOS 15 Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.