Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer icon stays in dock after printing

Whereas before, once the print job was completed, the printer icon would automatically disappear. Can't seem to find any option to have it auto-close. A right mouse click on the icon while in the dock only allows me to (1) Remove from dock (this is automatic, I have to do this each time after I print); (2) Open at Login; (3) Show in Finder. System Preference don't seem to have an option. And the printer software (HP) does not seem to have anything either. Not sure why it suddenly started doing this.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:37 PM

John Wallace3 wrote:

Whereas before, once the print job was completed, the printer icon would automatically disappear. Can't seem to find any option to have it auto-close. A right mouse click on the icon while in the dock only allows me to (1) Remove from dock (this is automatic, I have to do this each time after I print); (2) Open at Login; (3) Show in Finder. System Preference don't seem to have an option. And the printer software (HP) does not seem to have anything either. Not sure why it suddenly started doing this.

It is a known bug...

Wait for the next update befor you pull your hair out.

you can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 12:37 PM in response to Jdub_3d

John Wallace3 wrote:

It is a known bug...

Wait for the next update befor you pull your hair out.

you can submit your Apple Feedback http://www.apple.com/feedback

Printer icon stays in dock after printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.