Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Haptic Touch

I’ve recently updated my iPhone XS to the new iPhone 13. First off the general performance of the 13 is very nice and it is certainly faster and smoother in functionality. However, I was surprised to find out that apple no longer supports the 3D multitouch screen. Of course this revelation came about once I started using the new phone. This has been a particularly useful function with regard mobile gaming, in particular Call of Duty mobile. To be quite honest the game can not be played so easily without this function (I’ve tried) and it really ruins the game play without it. I actually purchased the XS, in part because of this game, so I’m now a little disappointed that I didn’t do my home work before upgrading. Im clearly not the only gamer who raised this question since the decision to abandon this feature, starting from the iPhone 11. There were a number of other really nice features that this function allowed, so I’m curious as to why apple abandoned it. I will be particularly irritated if it was to have a slightly higher resolution screen as I really struggle now to tell the difference and I’m pretty sure I’m sat in the middle age demographic of those purchasing new iPhones. Well I guess I’m going to have to start playing Frogger now🤦‍♂️

iPhone 13, 15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 12:38 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2021 6:50 PM in response to eBlacksmith1980

No one from Apple is here on this user to user only forum. Thus, "WHY" questions cannot be answered. Personally, I haven't missed 3D Touch for a moment. And it went out long ago, so not something I ever really consider.

If the game you use isn't working well with Haptic Touch, that's more a deficit of the game developer. It's up to app developers to code their apps to work well on the most current phones. Apple makes the API's available to them. What they do after that is up to them. Complain to the app developer for not making their app work well on modern iPhones.

iPhone 13 Haptic Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.