Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Update Troubles for Mac mini 2012

I am having trouble installing Mojave 10.14 from the App Store. It says it's a corrupt file and can't download. I was told by Apple that this was the safest software upgrades as I have a 2012 Mac mini with only 4GB. Any advice on how to get the update?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2021 7:13 AM

Follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Others may not work. Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where you can commence the download. If an error message appears, that is probably because one is using another Browser.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2021 7:13 AM in response to alisonfrombelchertown

Follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Others may not work. Safari will open a redirect and open the Apple Store where you can commence the download. If an error message appears, that is probably because one is using another Browser.

Sep 26, 2021 2:56 PM in response to alisonfrombelchertown

Hi Allison,

If you get a corrupted message...

Naw, not damaged, it's just that you have an old copy already in Applications, there are 2 cures...

Disconnect from the Internet & set the Date back to 2014, then you can run the Install MacsOS Mohave App in Applications, so expired Certificates are not expired.

Or... trash the Install MacsOS Mojave.app in Applications, empty trash & restart, then a new copy of a more recent version can be downloaded..

Software Update Troubles for Mac mini 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.