Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

whenever i try to update it it says requested version of macos is unavailable

I keep trying to update it and it won't. I cant seem to figure out the problem. I'm currently using macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and trying to update to big sur and every time I try it says macOS unavailable

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 4:07 PM

you haven't said which year/model mac you are trying to upgrade. when you see "requested version of macos is unavailable" it may mean the mac is not compatible with big sur.

macOS Big Sur is compatible with the following computers. If your Mac isn't compatible, you might be able to install an old version of macOS instead.

MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later

MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later

Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later

iMac introduced in 2014 or later

iMac Pro

Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2021 4:07 PM in response to ll_l1423

you haven't said which year/model mac you are trying to upgrade. when you see "requested version of macos is unavailable" it may mean the mac is not compatible with big sur.

macOS Big Sur is compatible with the following computers. If your Mac isn't compatible, you might be able to install an old version of macOS instead.

MacBook introduced in 2015 or later

MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later

MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later

Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later

iMac introduced in 2014 or later

iMac Pro

Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later

whenever i try to update it it says requested version of macos is unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.